Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Scott Pilgrim vs. Lincoln Square

So on Monday, I'm sitting in the break room at Victoria's Secret, and see these two 4 by 12 inch papers sitting on the table with Scott Pilgrim on them. I almost didn't look at them, since I thought they might just be promotional shit. That would have been one of the biggest regrets of my life. (Only exaggerating a little bit. Seriously.) Anyways, they were admit two passes to the advance screening of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World!

So I bussed on over to Bellevue from UW, got there about 5:10. Kyle and I went to the theater to see how the line was looking. There were maybe 10 people in line. He got in line, I went to go get food. When I came back 20 minutes later, a group of 10 Asian kids had gotten in line before him who hadn't been there when I left. Sad, but oh well. Then, as the afternoon progressed (7pm showing), more and more people kept getting in line in front of us because their friends were there. It's expected, but it went from 10 people (not including the asian group), to 35. Pissed. But we got to see Scott from Sierra Pets, so it's all good.

Anyways, on to the movie.
Easily one of the best movies I have ever seen (up there with Pixar, Tarantino, and Kick-Ass). It was an amazing take on a completely new of a mix of the real world and the world of comics. The pace was great, because it was either lots of action, or lots of humor, and good humor at that. Didn't ever feel slow, even if things slowed down, and those were some of the best jokes I've seen in a long time. Some of them were kind of ridiculous, but not in an over-the-top comedy movie way.

Overall, it was a fantastic movie, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who:
-wants a good laugh
-likes action movies
-likes comics
-likes fuckin' amazing movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment